4 Kasım 2012 Pazar

The White Jacket–The Gift of Surprise

To contact us Click HERE

548507_10152160183620573_704249289_nIn a million years I would never buy a white jacket for a baby. I’m way to practical for that. I wouldn’t even buy a white jacket for myself.

But I was given one for Nicole in a bunch of hand-me-downs, so I kept it. I adore this jacket. It is fluffy and cute, it looks cozy and warm, it sets off Nicole skin tone beautifully. I put her in it every chance I get. But I never ever ever would have picked it out. Like ever.

I had a similar thing happen when Gordie was born. A friend gave us a little romper with short sleeves and… short pants(?) and a hood. Made of terry cloth. I couldn’t imagine under what conditions you would require a warm outfit, with a hood, and dangly limbs. But the freaking thing was adorable. We ended up buying the next 4189_181752725572_716176_ntwo sizes because it was so cute. But I wouldn’t have bought that either.

That’s one of the things that I love about getting and giving gifts that people haven’t asked for. Sure, it’s nice to know they’re going to love it, and it’s nice getting something you really wanted, but you miss out on those surprises. The things you never knew you wanted. Or maybe even thought you wouldn’t like.

Do you like being surprised with gifts? Or do you prefer to pick things out yourself?

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder