5 Şubat 2013 Salı

Eating Well and Losing Weight has Nothing to do with What You’re Not Eating

To contact us Click HERE

I’m a far from perfect eater, and am definitely not as active as I should be, but weight loss has not been a major issue in my life. Pregnancy for most, and certainly for me, made weight gain and having to deal with weight loss inevitable.

When Nicole was 2 months old she was puking so much my doctor suggested I try going off dairy to see if it helped. (This is actually a pretty uncommon reason, but my son had a dairy sensitivity too. For most babies puking is not cause for concern and dairy is not the reason for the puking.)

Although I can’t say this made my day I thought that at least it would make it easier to lose the remaining baby weight. But it didn’t. After two months of not eating anything that had more than a ‘may contain dairy’ on the label, my weight had basically not changed. There was so many things that I wasn’t eating, cheese, lasagna, all kinds of desserts, most items at a buffet or pot luck, but that didn’t make a difference.

Because it’s not what you’re not eating that’s important. There are lots of ways to eat poorly without eating dairy, or sugar, or gluten or fat or whatever else you’re giving up. Cutting out dairy made me reach for more nuts and have more toast. And although there are fewer options, there are still plenty of desserts and sweets you can eat too. Having a restricted diet made it harder for me to make good choices because I simply had less to choose from.

If cutting something out of your diet helps you eat more fruits and vegetables and other healthy foods then it might help you lose weight. But that’s really what’s important,what you are eating.

The post Eating Well and Losing Weight has Nothing to do with What You’re Not Eating appeared first on talkinginallcaps.com.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder