12 Şubat 2013 Salı

Yellowstone Winter

To contact us Click HERE
I arrived in Bozeman, Montana last Saturday in prepartion for about eight days of winter photography in Yellowstone National Park.  It has been three years since I have been here during the winter and the eco-system has continued to change since then.  Both the wolf and elk populations have declined substantially while the bison and moose populations have risen slightly.  There may be as many coyotes but they are harder to find, which is a shame as they are fun to photograph with their thick winter coats.

There has not been that much snow this year but it is still possible to create some good images.  We have had interesting skies at times, which is a real bonus when it comes to  the landscape photography.  Hopefully, there is some more of that in the remaining time I will be here.

I had a minor scare from one bison that decided to change directions as it walked down the hill towards the road (and me) and turned right (towards me) instead of left where the others had gone.  As it stood across the road and stared intently at me, I knew it was time to get up from my kneeled position in the snow and walk slowly toward my vehicle.  It followed about 30 yards behind me, I got in the vehicle, closed the door and it went past without incident.  I thanked him for the nice photo op.

I'll be back out there Friday though mid-Monday before heading home.  I'll see what else I can scour up and make one final report.  The following are a few of the images so far.  I am changing from the slideshow concept as Apple devices cannot see the images.

 
 







   




 


 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder