25 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi

Aurora Addiction

To contact us Click HERE
I never thought standing out in the dark in sub-zero temperatures would be so memorable. With the proper clothing and some occasional trips back inside the lodge or the car, it isn’t too bad. It got down to 15 below last night as we drove back to the lodge from a nearby mountain summit at 3am. I still have all my fingers to type this blog entry!
This is turning out to be an addictive activity of sorts. I’m already wondering where else I could go to experience this that might even be better. Of course, what I have found so far is that it would be some place more remote and even colder. I doubt I would get the wife to sign up for that. I’ll have to keep working on it but then again it would probably be well worth it.
I have photographed wildlife and landscapes in many locations and met quite a few people in the process. I don’t recall ever seeing people so excited in the morning to talk about what they saw or photographed the night before. We’re all up at 9am for breakfast in the lodge regardless of being out till 3am. It’s been many, many years since I have seen those wee hours of the morning.
The slideshow below contains seven more images. One includes the lodge we are staying in which makes for a nice object in the photo. A couple of them were almost straight overhead but some cool stuff takes place up there.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder