14 Haziran 2012 Perşembe

Sea Stacks and Seal Pups

To contact us Click HERE
A trip to photograph the Oregon coast would not be complete without going to the beach at Bandon. This area has an amazing collection of sea stacks. When we got here on Monday, the fog and rain moved in so without much color in the sky at times I did some of the work in black and white.
As I was photographing late Tuesday, a small seal came up on the beach about 50 yards away. We talked for a minute about having him be in front of me and in the photo but he decided against it and disappeard back into the surf. Late Wednesday I walked to the north end to photograph some waves crashing on the rocks. To my surprise, there were about 20 seals and pups on the rocks on an island 75 yards offshore. I scurried the half mile back to the motel to get my big lens as I knew I had something really good here. None of my research had indicated this was a place the seals with pups hung out. So much for research.
We had only one sunset type sky here but it was still well worth it to come here. Today we drive 6 hours north to Cannon Beach for our last couple of days. More sea statcks and lighthouses. No idea what the weather will bring us.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder